I took at least three frozen food items from the Easy Home Meals Product List and created my own dish which I call the Pick and Roll. It is Taquitos with a Mango and Sweet Corn Chutney and Guacamole. All it took were three frozen ingredients and a few enhancements to make it special.
Ingredients:1 box frozen Jose Ole' Taquitos
1 bag (16 oz) frozen Mango Chunks
1 bag (11 oz) frozen Green Giant Honey Roasted Sweet Corn - Seasoned Steamers
1 large tomato
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 red onion
1 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees as indicated on box of taquitos
- While it is heating up, dice the tomato, cilantro, and onion and set aside
- Take 3/4 cup of the frozen mango and run it under cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and dice, set aside
- Put the Green Giant Honey Roasted sweet corn in the microwave for 4 minutes. Let stand for 1 min.
- We want the corn to be cooked but not piping hot as it will go in the chutney
- When done, mix mango, 1/4 of the bag of corn, half of the tomato, onion, and cilantro and mix
- Chill this mixture in the fridge.
- Half the avocado and scoop out the insides into a bowl and mash
- Add the other half of the cilantro and tomato and mix well
- Add the salt and lime juice to create the guacamole, then chill it in fridge
- Once the oven is ready, put the taquitos on a baking sheet on the middle rack for 14 minutes
- Take them out of the oven. You can crisp up the tops by lightly basting with oil and broiling for 3 min.
- Let them stand for 1 minute before serving.
- Present the chutney in a bowl with the guacamole on the side for a special game treat.
- Portable and good for you, this side is sure to score some points with your team.
Easy Home Meals will choose the winners on the basis of:
- How creative you get with your appetizer/prepared snack food recipe
- How hungry the photo makes us
- How you use frozen food products in your recipe
Wish me luck and you can enter too!