Okay, I'll admit it, I LOVE gory and scary shows. They are the kind of shows that send my wife running upstairs to our room. They are the shows that would keep most people up at night unable to share the images from their heads. But, in all of these cases, I love how real and imaginative all of these shows are. Sure they have blood and guts in them, many are hard to watch, but the drama still gets me every time. Shows that leave you guessing and begging for more are the ones that will endure.
Here is a list of shows you should be streaming on your Verizon FiOS. There's one for every day of the week because, you don't have anything better to do than to watch awesome TV shows right?
1. Stranger Things - If you've been under a rock or in a coma recently, run, don't walk to the TV or your tablet and watch this show. It's not just the 80's nostalgia that has us excited, but the characters and story that unfolds right in front of us that captured our attention.
2. Black Mirror - Ever wonder if all the advancements in technology are helping or hurting us in the long run? Black Mirror explores these subjects in depth in an all too real series that may have you seeing yourself in the screen.
3. Santa Clarita Diet - Drew Barrymore and her husband are realtors that have life figured out. That is until Drew's character becomes a flesh eating zombie. Not since Dexter has a show this gory and gross entertained me so much.
4. Mozart In The Jungle - Sex, drugs, and classical music. What could be better? Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon is a spectacular series with characters of a symphony orchestra trying to reinvent itself in NYC. What could go wrong?
5. The Walking Dead - I know. That first episode was so hard to watch. But, it gets better and you know that eventually, when things go south, that Rick and the survivors find a way to get their retribution. Stay tuned.
6. A Series Of Unfortunate Events - If there were ever a series where you rooted for the protagonists, this is it. The Beaudelaire Children have just about everything happen to them that would keep children crying "Woe is me." but they are a resourceful and ingenious bunch of children and that's why you'll want to watch. Also, because Neil Patrick Harris is Count Olaf.
7. Veep - Okay, well this show is not gory but given the sad state of affairs in our government these days, we need a little laughter. From the bumbling of press conferences to dealing with the press, this show may seem a little more real to you now. But, we are all going to need some laughter to get through the next four years.
This post was written on behalf of Verizon FiOS who provides me with their impeccable service. All opinions expressed are my own. #FiOSPhilly #ad